If you get the following error, please check if the OS and kernel versions are supported:
If they are supported, you can install manually the agent on the VM. If it doesn’t work, try checking if the VM in VMware is configured as “Other (64-bit)” in the guest OS version. If it is, you should change the version to the specific Linux distribution you got installed. Mind that the VM must be shut off to change the Guest OS version.
To install manually the agent follow these steps:
- Go under %ProgramData%\ASR\home\svsystems\pushinstallsvc\repository in your ASR server and copy the “Microsoft-ASR_UA*_GA*.tar.gz” file specific to your distribution.
- Copy the file to the VM. I would recommend creating a specific folder for the file under /tmp
- Copy the Conf server passphrase to the server
- Unpack the file: tar -xvf Micorosft-ASR_UA_yourfile.tar.gz
- Run the following command as root: ./install -d /usr/local/ASR -r MS -v VmWare -q
- Register the mobility service to the Conf server: /usr/local/ASR/Vx/bin/UnifiedAgentConfigurator.sh -i ConfserverIP -P /var/passphrase.txt