If you encounter this error while creating a new VM from the host pool wizard, try following these suggestions to solve the issue, or at least drill down on the problem:
- Check whether you can resolve your domain from your VNET
- Check what DNS Servers are configured on your VNET, correct accordingly (follow this guide: Change VNet DNS Servers)
- Check if you have permissions to join the domain using the credentials you provided
- Check if the specified credentials are correct
- Check if the domain to join (and the OU), specified in the wizard, is correct (parameters in the JSON:
- Try to join a VM to the domain from the same network and subnet
If all the above are met, you should be able to join the VM successfully to the domain. If not, at least you should have more context to further troubleshoot the issue.