The move resources request contains resources like “*OsDisk*” that are being backed up as part of a Azure Backup job. Browse the link https://aka.ms/vmbackupmove for information
If you encounter this error check if the VM’s backup is stopped. If it’s stopped you need to remove the istant snapshot that has been created by the system:
- Find the location of your virtual machine.
- Find a resource group with the following naming pattern:
AzureBackupRG_<location of your VM>_1. For example, AzureBackupRG_westus2_1
- In the Azure portal, check Show hidden types.
- Find the resource with type Microsoft.Compute/restorePointCollections that has the naming pattern
AzureBackup_<name of your VM that you're trying to move>_###########.
- Delete this resource. This operation deletes only the instant recovery points, not the backed-up data in the vault.
- After the delete operation is complete, you can move your virtual machine.
List source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/management/move-limitations/virtual-machines-move-limitations#portal